Sambor Prei Kuk Temple older than 1300 years is located in the former Khmer Chenla capital in 7th century, named “Isanborak”….
Sambor Prei Kuk Temple situated in Sambor Village, Chheu Teal Commune, Prasat Sombo District, Kompong Thom Province, about 35 kilometers north-east from the town of Kampong Thom along National Road 64, Turn right along Koun Tnouth Road.
The temple is built on flat land size of 3,000 hectares, that is the old capital called Isanborak. From that era as a center of religious dedicated Shiva. The temple is built of solid brick and laterite adorned with sculptures from the floor panel published by mortar on brick lining. Phte martial arts and the written word, diamond made of sandstone, all built in the sessions king of Isanvakraman 1st emissions in the 7th century (year 616-635) Chenla.
Group of this Sambor Prei Kuk Temple has been abandoned since 1971 and was redesigned in 1980. Oscar forest logging all found the ruins of more than 140 temples.
Sambor Prei Kuk resort is divided into 4:
- North Temple: called “Sambor Temple in the middle” and surrounded by smaller temples and different.
- Central Temple: called Lion Temple, entrance from the North than at the door opening from another direction as false doors. At the head of the 4 stairs, Lion siting with vertical 2 knees in each direction, called a Tevak Kakta. In the west of the temple there are many other smaller temples.
- South Temple: The temple called Yeay Pann, located in the center surrounded by many temples system has a two-storey wall that inner wall has Torborak enter of the four direction. These temples, the former capital.
- Kroul Meas Temple Group, is located north of Sambo Prey Kouk Temple, has a lot of small castles made of brick and West, a temple made of laterite.
A large group has been set as the following 3 areas for protection:
- 30 meters following membrane surrounding walls and pools
- 300 meters 1st membrane surrounding area
- Distance 1500m 2nd membrane surrounding area
Was built in the 7th century, Sambor Prei Kuk Temple situate in the jungle wilderness. Sambor Prei Kuk Temple has a lot of in forests planted pine forest surrounding: prison jungle, lush green beauty flaunts confrontation. Aesthetics of skills, including techniques of constructing the perfect temple has Endor feeling visitors back into the past for a long time.
Currently, the government is preparing to file Sambor Prei Kuk Temple sent to UNESCO to propose the temple as World Heritage properties.
1,424 total views, 2 views today